Re: AU-717 integrated amp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Best of Sansui ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BeatleFred on February 03, 2004 at 10:26:55:

In Reply to: AU-717 integrated amp posted by trish on February 02, 2004 at 21:36:54:

The AU-717 is an excellent Sansui amp so I can understand that you'd like to have the part you need. The thing is, you didnt explain in your message what the cause of the problem is - is the volume knob missing on yours or is it there but you are having problems with it working properly?

If its on there and youre having problems (such as alot of static noise), its likely that some dust & filth got inside and has accumulated over the years, and a good cleaning would correct the problem.

Otherwise, parts for Sansui are not available to buy, you'd have to check the listings on Ebay and see if you can find one for sale inexpensively as parts. Keep in mind, it doesnt have to be a 717, if you see an AU-517 for example, it has the same volume control, so you could use one from there as well.

The only other thing I can think of is to check with some electronic parts supply catalogs- they wont have the exact same AU-717 volume control but they might have a decent substitute if you can accept one thats not original.


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Best of Sansui ] [ FAQ ]